Like vertigo even cervical vertigo brings with it a spell of dizziness. But cervical vertigo results from a disturbance in the neck region. It is most often the after-effect of a neck injury. This condition triggers even if a person merely turns their heads. It is extremely hard to diagnose leave alone treat.
A person suffering from cervical vertigo has to deal with more symptoms than one. This condition is often accompanied by imbalance, lack of co-ordination, throbbing headaches, ear pain, bouts of vomiting, nausea and poor concentration.
Causes of Cervical Vertigo
Let’s understand what causes this condition. Cervical Vertigo is a result of one of these conditions:
- Atherosclerosis- It’s a condition wherein the arteries in the neck thicken up due to the heightened level of cholesterol, plaque or fat. This could perhaps injure the neck area and lead to a case of cervical vertigo.
- Injuries- If there is an injury in the neck region particularly close to the head or neck area one might end up suffering from cervical vertigo.
- Osteoarthritis- A situation in which the neck vertebrae is impaired as a result of which excess pressure is exerted on the nerves, arteries and spinal cord. Which in turn leads to sending differing signals to the brain and hindering the flow of blood hence causing cervical vertigo.
- Slip Disk- Normally occurring in the lower back. One suffering from slip disk experiences the soft portion of the spinal cord jutting out of the spine. And in some cases, this portion might exert a force on the nerve or artery and lead to cervical vertigo.
- Improper positioning of the neck – Sitting long hours in front of the laptop or driving long distances can result in a situation called ‘text neck.’ It is a neck pain that commonly occurs if one’s head is often bowed down due to peering at a phone or tablet. This inappropriate positioning of the neck can also result in cervical vertigo.
Cures and Preventive Measures
Diagnosing cervical vertigo is hard but one can exercise precautionary measures to prevent the disease from occurring. For starters, in your workout regimen, you can include exercises to strengthen the neck muscles. Even regularly stretching the area can aid in the prevention of this condition. Carefully note the manner in which you sit. Ensure that your neck, shoulders, and spine are aligned. This aids in exerting less pressure on your neck region.
With all this said and done, if you are suffering from this condition you can get yourself treated at CMRA Bangalore. The treatment involves the use of Physio fusion Therapy. It also adapts an interplay of ancient Ayurvedic heating, soft tissue mobilization, and gentle manipulation techniques. The first phase is succeeded by an exercise regimen at home. Stop dealing with the pain and let CMRA cure it for you.